In this class students will learn how to torte and stack cake layers to form a tall celebration cake. Our focus is on understanding ganache and refining multiple skills using this versatile ingredient. Students will be able to take home their own 6” cake.
1. Torting cake layers using an Agbay
2. Stacking cake layers with Swiss Meringue buttercream
3. Crumb coating, frosting and smoothing
4. Ganache drips and piping ganache
5. Gold leaf application
What is supplied:
1. four pre-baked cake layers in the students preferred flavour (see below for flavour options)
2. All necessary packaging to transport your cake home safely
3. All necessary equipment, tools and ingredients
4. Petal + Peach Swiss Meringue buttercream recipe, ganache recipe + course notes
5. Light refreshments
6. Discount voucher for Cordie’s Cake Supplies, Capalaba
What to bring:
Lunch, an apron and a notepad, should you wish.
Our intimate classes will be restricted to a maximum of 4 students per session.